Barbecue Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, salad dressing, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain. Drain and discard marinade. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, and vegetables.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 10 kabobs.
2 each: 292 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Beef Kabobs
"These kabobs were very good. I will be making this again."
"Made this last night for supper. The whole family loved it! Full of flavor, I will definitely make it again."