My husband and boys love this kabob recipe because it's delicious, and I love it because it's fast and easy. —Karen Engstrom, Glasgow, Montana
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, salad dressing, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain. Drain and discard marinade. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 10 kabobs.
Originally published as Barbecue Beef Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p54
Reviews forBarbecue Beef Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2013
"These kabobs were very good. I will be making this again."
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2010
"Made this last night for supper. The whole family loved it! Full of flavor, I will definitely make it again."