Barbecue Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, onion, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 486 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Sep 13, 2019
Awesome--it is going in my favorites! I made as directed, and it was done in 6 hours. There were hardly any leftovers.
Nov 7, 2015
Good. Just didn't suit my taste. Was quite easy to put together. Have had better.
Nov 3, 2015
This was delicious!! Only change I made, I did not add salt to sauce. There is enough sodium in other ingredients that you don't need it.Really good recipe!!
Jun 4, 2015
Mar 6, 2015
I LOVE SWEET BABY RAYS BBQ SAUCE, IT HAS A REALLY GOOD FLAVOR.. I LOVE IT ON BBQ, BRISKET....
Apr 18, 2013
Very good!! My 11 year daughter loved it so much, she went back to the crock pot and filled her plate with seconds. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ sauce in this and it came out amazing!!
Oct 22, 2012
This is a so simple and taste so delicious. I took this to a friend's house and it was a hit with everyone.