Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- In a large skillet, cook beef with celery, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, ginger and cloves. Stir in beans.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans reach desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2016
Can you send me a LOW SODIUM baked bean recipe. My husband is on a LOW SODIUM diet. I need a recipe below 400 mg.
Feb 11, 2012
We really enjoy these beans and this is the only baked bean recipe I use. I have made them many, many times since the recipe was printed.