- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cans (31 ounces each) pork and beans
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, green pepper and celery until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain fat. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, ginger and cloves. Add beans and mix well. Spoon into 2-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are as thick as desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Beans
"Can you send me a LOW SODIUM baked bean recipe. My husband is on a LOW SODIUM diet. I need a recipe below 400 mg."
"We really enjoy these beans and this is the only baked bean recipe I use. I have made them many, many times since the recipe was printed."