Banh Mi Burger
I love burgers cooked in a cast-iron pan, and banh mi sandwiches are delicious, so why not combine the two? You can make your own banh mi burger sauce with Sriracha, mayonnaise, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. —Jessica Thompson, Manor, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium daikon radish, julienned
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 cup Sriracha mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; whisk until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add carrots and radish; let stand until serving. Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a 12-in. cast-iron or heavy skillet, cook burgers over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 8-10 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Wipe pan clean. In the same pan, toast rolls over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds. Spread rolls with mayonnaise. Drain pickled vegetables. Serve burgers on rolls with picked vegetables, cucumber and cilantro.