Deliciously old-fashioned, these tempting tarts are a "must" for Santa's Christmas Eve cookie plate.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- Pastry for two double-crust pies (9 inches)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in walnuts if desired. Roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 48 3-in. circles; moisten edges with water. Put 1-1/2 teaspoons filling on half of each circle. Fold other half over the filling; press edges together with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in top of each tart. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled tarts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.