Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 589 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (74g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 25, 2015
Made this for my husband and I instead of dinner since we'd had a large lunch much earlier. It was very good. I cut the recipe in half so had to guess a bit at measurement and used Redi-Whip rather than heavy whipping cream. Although we definitely enjoyed this I'd like to try the Classic recipe next using the liquors to better judge the difference. Definitely recommend for a special occasion and would be excellent for children since it uses the rum extract rather than the alcohol.
Mar 23, 2013
I used fresh ground nutmeg, half & half in place of the whipping cream, used 1 tablespoon of dark rum in place of the extract, and added a little vanilla. I sliced the bananas instead and we served the bananas foster over Oat Pancakes. Delicious!
May 6, 2011
So fast, simple and easy. Just excellent.
Apr 3, 2011
Very Very good! We all had second helpings :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.