Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2 Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add banana and pecans; cook for 2-3 minutes or until banana is glazed and slightly softened, stirring lightly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2
"Did not like the OJ in this."
"really good! I used Kahlua instead of rum."
"Simple and fast."
"Wow this is really good, I doubled all the ingredients but used only 1 banana and it was a perfect amount for 2. I didn't have orange juice so I used pineapple juice and I omitted the nutmeg since I don't care for that flavor . I will definitely be making this often, so yummy!"
"I forgot to say I also used dark rum instead of extract"
"Thought it was very tasty but I doubled it and would recommend to do that even if just for 2 people. No bad at all for a lower cal recipe"
"we love this. it is so easy and seems special."