Bananas Foster is my husband's favorite dessert, and this is one of the easiest recipes I have found. Not only is it delicious, it's a great way to use those bananas that are a little too ripe to just peel and eat. —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 small ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 9-inch disposable foil pie pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Trim ends and cut unpeeled bananas lengthwise; place on oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until peel is dark brown and bananas are softened, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small cast-iron skillet or 9-in. disposable foil pie pan, combine butter, syrup and caramel topping; place on grill rack. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through, 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Remove peel from bananas; cut each half crosswise. To serve, place ice cream in dessert dishes; top with bananas. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with crushed wafers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Bananas Foster in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p140