Bananas Foster French Toast
Bananas Foster is one of those treats you get when you dine out. I combined the flavors to make a yummy dish that’s like bread pudding. —Angela Hacker, Hendersonville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange bananas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and extract; spoon evenly over bananas.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange over bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream.
Originally published as Bananas Foster French Toast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.