Bananas Foster is one of those treats you get when you dine out. I combined the flavors to make a yummy dish that’s like bread pudding. —Angela Hacker, Hendersonville, Tennessee
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange bananas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and extract; spoon evenly over bananas.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange over bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster French Toast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p38
Reviews forBananas Foster French Toast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2018
"i loved it!"