- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Place first four ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Place butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in extracts. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave cereal mixture on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forBananas Foster Crunch Mix
"This is absolutely delicious! I don't care for the flavor of rum so I substituted vanilla but that is the only change I made. The only problem I have with this recipe is it just doesn't last long enough and I have to keep making it!"
"Made this recipe as listed except substituted walnuts for pecans. Would be delicious with peanuts too. Will definitely make this again but sauce overflowed in microwave on high. Makes a delicious, sweet mix."
"Loved this mix! Tasty and easy. I probably would decrease the number of pecans (personal preferance), but this was really yummy!!"
"Very tasty - I used less pecans - (pricey) and more banana chips (snapped in half the larger slices. I also baked mine for 30 minutes in a 300 degree oven stirring every 10 minutes. I like the baked flavor and think the nuts are better with a little roasting. Very Yummy!"
"So easy and delicious! Family loved it!"
"I too love Bananas Foster and this taste so close to it. I made it the other night, took it into work and it was gone before noon!"
"I can't begin to tell you how many times I have made this since getting this recipe. Have so many ask me for the recipe. My oldest daughter is in college and I make it and send it by the bags full to her and her friends. This is great, you can't stop eating it."
"Fantastic! It smells better than it tastes, and it tastes delicious! Very easy to make (I did dishes in between stirs), another reason this will be a snack staple in my house."