- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forBananas 'n' Cream Bundt Cake
"My first try at banana bread failed. I tried this recipe and score! I used butter instead of shortening n added a little pumpkin spice. It baked in about 40 minutes n came out delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!!!"
"I have made many loaf banana breads in my lifetime and then went to the same recipes in a 2 qt. pyrex dish because it baked faster. Now that I have tried this bundt cake I will never go back to anything else. It was scrumptious and light. Thanks so much!"
"7/16/15: Baked in bundt pan 50 minutes and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Excellent and easy. Will definitely make again,"
"I am very disappointed in this recipe. cake looked great in the oven but when finished and I brought it out to cool it flattened to half its size. Will not make again."
"Oh my goodness--this is exactly the recipe I was looking for. It is a light, fine textured cake, not a bread and it came out perfectly. I added some cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the nicest batter ever. I was very careful not to over mix it. It is now my go to banana cake recipe. It can stand alone without any 10 X sugar or icing. Thank you for posting it."