Banana Wheat Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 26, 2016
These muffins quickly disappeared! This is a good quick muffin recipe. Perfect when you do not have eggs or butter. Added extra cinnamon and used all white flour. They can also be easily dressed up with addition of nuts, chocolate chips but great on there own. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine, I enjoy using recipes for ingredients I have on hand!
Dec 11, 2010
These are delicious. They are very easy to make & moist.
Apr 30, 2010
I love the slight crunch! I grind my own wheat so if I want more of a crunch, I change the settings on the grinder for a more coarse flour.We eat these warm with lots of butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.