Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, toffee bits and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir in the bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 3, 2013
Hardly any flavor. I will not make these again.
Dec 14, 2010
I made these to use up some almost rotten bananas and they were really good. I didn't have biscuit mix, so just used AP flour with a bit of baking soda/powder instead. My son loved these for breakfast.
Apr 18, 2010
These are great! Wonderful way to use up ripe bananas.