Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, toffee bits and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir in the bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 3, 2013
Hardly any flavor. I will not make these again.
Dec 14, 2010
I made these to use up some almost rotten bananas and they were really good. I didn't have biscuit mix, so just used AP flour with a bit of baking soda/powder instead. My son loved these for breakfast.
Apr 18, 2010
These are great! Wonderful way to use up ripe bananas.