- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced firm bananas (about 2 large)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bananas. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forBanana Sundae Sauce
"Banana sundae sauce is delicious and so very easy to make. We love it and will be making it to go over vanilla ice cream any time we want. It's a keeper, for sure, and one that is going in my recipe box."