Banana Sticky Buns
My love of cooking comes from my grandmothers, who always took time to show me how to prepare recipes from scratch.—Debbie Hibbert, Kenton, Delaware
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Place three pecan halves each in 12 ungreased muffin cups. Evenly divide butter over pecans and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until butter and sugar are melted.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and banana to form a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 times. Roll into a 15x9-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal the seams. Slice into 12 rolls; place cut side down in muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 minute; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Banana Sticky Buns in Country Woman March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.