Banana Split Shakes
"These velvety smooth shakes make a special snack," says Mary Detweiler, field editor from West Farmington, Ohio. "They taste like an ice cream sundae, only you can sip them with a straw."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Banana Split Shakes in Taste of Home February/March 2001