Banana Split Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in the whipped topping, walnuts and food coloring if desired.
- 2. Pour into an oiled 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Banana Split Salad
"I made this salad today and it was delicious. It has been added to my favorite recipes. I made it exactly as written and it was quick and easy to prepare. It could almost be a dessert. A definite winner! Since I first made this, my husband wants one in the freezer all the time. I cut it in squares the first time I take it out of the freezer and in that way, it is easier to serve each time. A huge winner at our house. (And, we eat it as dessert!)"
"It's not a hit at your house? Why not?"
"I made this recipe for a work potluck. It was a hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will definately make it again."