Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches
Enjoy a banana split without the spoon! We captured the flavors of this popular sundae, serving it up sandwich-style. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 medium firm banana, thinly sliced
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans. Bake and cool according to recipe directions.
- Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread hot fudge topping over one brownie half; spread with ice cream and layer with banana slices. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over bananas. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Wrap in plastic. Freeze until serving.
Originally published as Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007