Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 12 ice cream sugar cones, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-3/4 quarts low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon banana extract, optional
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cones, walnuts and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In another small bowl, combine 3 cups yogurt, bananas and extract if desired. Spread over crust. In a small bowl, combine fudge topping and walnuts; spread over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining yogurt; spread with strawberry topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 619 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Apr 13, 2014
This recipe looks very delicious and easy to make for someone's birthday.
Jun 25, 2013
Made a crust with graham crumbs instead of the cones. A little too sweet; probably should use 1/2 jar of the toppings next time. Oh, also will freeze the first layer for an hour or so before adding the hot fudge.... it sank right in the softened ice cream.
Nov 22, 2010
I made this for my friends birthday party. EVERYONE loved it. I am making it again today for my daughters birthday party.
May 21, 2009
I made this for my daughter's former teacher and it was loved by all. Today, I'm taking it to my daughter's 4th grade classroom for her birthday treat. YUM!