VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Gently toss banana with lemon juice; set aside. Line the bottom and sides of a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Layer one ice cream sandwich, half of the banana and 1/2 cup whipped topping in pan. Top with second ice cream sandwich, reversing direction of ice cream flavors.
- Layer with remaining banana and whipped topping. Top with caramel and chocolate toppings; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, lift dessert out of pan. Discard plastic wrap; cut dessert in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Dessert in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p25