Banana Split Brownie Pie
I often use Neapolitan in place of three different ice cream flavors to make this luscious dessert. You can bake the brownie crust days ahead, top it with the ice cream and freeze until you need it. —Tanna Walker, Salina, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 30 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1-2/3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1-2/3 cups strawberry ice cream
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Whipped cream and sliced almonds
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Using 1/3 cup for each scoop, place four scoops of vanilla ice cream, five scoops of chocolate ice cream and five scoops of strawberry ice cream on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm. Place vanilla scoops in center of brownie crust; alternate scoops of chocolate and strawberry around edge. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange bananas and strawberries over ice cream. Drizzle with hot fudge and strawberry toppings. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Cut into wedges.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.