These banana blondies combine all the beloved flavors of your favorite sundae with a warm, gooey bar. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cover pineapple with hot water; let stand 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry as possible.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture until blended. Stir in pineapple, cherries and chocolate chunks.
- 3. Spread into a greased 12-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Top with pecans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
1 wedge: 273 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC