Banana Rum Sundaes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 23, 2014
This is a really great way to get that banana foster flavor without all the work. My family doesn't eat raisins, so we don't use them. Love this flavor. Like someone else mentioned, I usually reduce the sauce down a bit more. We prefer it being a little more like caramel sauce. Certainly a keeper and you could easily use apples, pineapples, etc.
Feb 21, 2012
This had excellent flavor. Next time I am going to reduce the sauce a bit before adding the bananas. Pineapple would also be good with this sauce. (Pineapple Upside-Down Cake...)
Dec 5, 2011
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! Nuff said! :)
Oct 6, 2011
Made this again today - didn't have enough bananas so I used apples and bananas - also added chopped,crystallized ginger - yum!
Oct 16, 2010
Served this to company - very quick to make - I used Rum & Raisin ice cream instead of vanilla. Will definitely make it again!