Banana Rum Sundaes for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 medium firm bananas, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and nutmeg until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the bananas, raisins, rum and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, for 3-4 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 497 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 16, 2012
We omitted the raisins and used pecans instead of almonds (had the pecans on hand, needed to purchase almonds); we also used a dark rum that we had bought home from Antigua. This was excellent!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.