- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add raisins and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews forBanana Raisin Bread
"This bread was pretty good. The flavor reminded me of a fragel. A cinnamon and raisin bagel they used to sell at the bagel shops. Except they deep fried those. This is a lot healthier. I accidentally used the whole egg and forgot the vegetable oil and the bread still was good. Only change I intentially made was soaking the raisins for about 10 minutes in hot tap water to plump them up a bit. I will make this again. ty"
"I can hardly believe there is no sugar in this, There is the honey of course but so small amount. I used raw honey. Great bread recipe!"
"I was super pleased with this recipe. Most bread machine recipes I've tried are too heavy or too dry, but this loaf was just right. Nice texture and excellent flavor with the hint of cinnamon."
"Absolutely would recommend. I've made this several times for myself and others and everyone LOVES it. Plus-factor, pretty healthy too since no sugar or milk."