Add something extra to the next time you make banana muffins: Pralines! This recipe replicates the taste of the lovely candy plus bananas.—Debbie Fowler, Fort Benton, Montana
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; set aside. In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, sugar and oil; mix well. Add baking mix and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Place 1 teaspoonful of pecan mixture in center of each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 9 muffins.
Originally published as Banana Praline Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p35