Banana Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens
- Orange and grapefruit sections
- In a small bowl, finely mash banana. Add sour cream, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens and fruit on a platter or individually salad plates. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 60 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 5, 2009
How did this recipe get only 3 stars? I thought it was a standout dressing! It's going into my "Blue Ribbon" file. Furthermore, it's easy and can be made ahead. Be sure to use FRESH lemon juice, though, it always makes a big difference in the taste. Thanks,Gloria!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.