Banana Pineapple Sundaes
I have served these at a shower. No sooner did I pass out the spoons than the room was filled with oohs and aahs.—Mrs. Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the bananas and pineapple; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts5 tablespoons: 295 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Warm Spiced Bananas and Pineapple with Rum Sauce in Country Woman March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.