Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until almost firm.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Return mixture to dish; freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Jan 23, 2017
So refreshing in the summertime! Love that it doesn't have added sugar in it. Better than ice cream! Thank you for sharing!
Jul 24, 2013
Took a copy of this recipe to a Weight Watcher's meeting and passed it out. (It has 2 points plus). Everyone loves how easy it to make and how yummy it is! Thanks.
Oct 24, 2011
Lovely dessert for my younger siblings who can't have ice cream...and HEALTHY!
Aug 4, 2011
It tasted okay but it wasn't so good it was worth the trouble. Would be a perfect smoothie.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.