My mother gave me this simple and delicious recipe years ago. The recipe makes two pies, so it's perfect for a potluck. I've never met anyone who didn't like it! —Robyn Appenzeller, Portsmouth, Virginia
Featured In: 20 Super Cool Icebox Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Two 9-inch graham cracker crusts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Arrange bananas over bottom of each crust; spread pineapple mixture over tops. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Top with whipped topping. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Originally published as Banana-Pineapple Cream Pies in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p216