Banana Pancakes Recipe
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1. For the sauce, combine the pineapple juice and tapioca in a saucepan; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- 2. For pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in the bananas. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with blueberry sauce. Yield: 11 pancakes and 1-1/2 cups sauce.
2 each: 274 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Banana Pancakes
"With or without the syrup these are very good! A nice change to our normal pancake breakfast."
"very good!!! you could almost eat them without the syrup."