- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- For the sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the pineapple juice and tapioca; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add blueberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in the bananas. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with blueberry sauce. Yield: 11 pancakes and 1-1/2 cups sauce.
Reviews forBanana Pancakes
"With or without the syrup these are very good! A nice change to our normal pancake breakfast."
"very good!!! you could almost eat them without the syrup."