- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a mixing bowl, beat bananas, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine dry ingredients; fold into the banana mixture until well mixed. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes; cool.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add orange juice and peel and beat until smooth. Spread over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Orange Bars
"Made these and they were a hit! I actually substituted equivalent coconut oil for the canola and only used 4 cups of powdered sugar for the frosting (because I ran out!) and they turned out great! Will be making these again soon!"
"These are wonderful! I followed the recipe and they looked like the photo and are delicious! I wasn't sure about the banana/orange combination but the orange flavor inthe frosting was light and just enough to complement the banana cake. And, oh, the cake - love the texture and the cinnamon is perfect."
"Okay, I didn't get as far as making the frosting, but the cake by itself is wonderful! I didn't have the right size pan, so I baked the batter in a 9x13 for about 40 minutes and it was simply delicious. Even my husband (who doesn't care for bananas much) agreed this was a keeper. And, a great way to eat it is a la mode with butter pecan ice cream. Mm-mmm!"
"easy and delicious! Everyone loved them!"
"Simply wonderful. The banana flavor came through real well. The only thing I did different is add 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract as I am a stickler for this ingredient in every baked bar/cookie I make. This makes a big batch, but they went fast. I highly recommend it."