- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews forBanana Nut Muffins
"These are great to have for breakfast. The only change I made was sprinkling and then gently pressing the walnuts on top of the muffins."
"Great Recipe! I followed it to the T and they came out yummy! the only problem is I should've made more because they went too fast. Thanks for the recipe!"
"These were okay, but nothing outstanding. I wanted to try the recipe, since it was so easy. I will not make them again, though."
"Super simple to make and so moist! If you love banana bread, you will love these too. I added a simple powdered sugar glaze to the top and it was fantastic!"
"Very easy, and doubles well. Love the texture and flavor. I like a touch more cinnamon, and I used pecans. Delicious."
"OK, so I made these today and was saving them for breakfast for tomorrow. But, they smelled so good we had to try one. These are sooooooooooooo good. I found they made 7 muffins not 6."
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! I was concerned since the recipe is thick, but they turned out fantastic!"