Banana-Nut Green Salad
Ripe sliced bananas and crunchy ginger-roasted walnuts create a yummy combo in this fresh tossed salad. Swap in Gorgonzola cheese for extra flavor. —Betty Jean Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, salt, ginger and onion powder. Add walnuts; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until nuts are lightly browned and evenly coated, 18-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and bananas. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Banana-Nut Green Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2004