Banana-Nut Chip Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat bananas, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 150 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 20, 2017
This recipe rates 5* par excellence. Only change: I didn't have regular chocolate chips, so I used 1 cup milk chocolate chips.
Jul 9, 2014
Definitely has a different texture with the oats, but it is soooo good!
Apr 22, 2013
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe for Banana-Nut bread!! I have made this recipe several times and I love all of the flavor that it has. It does not disappoint!
Oct 9, 2010
Very yummy bread with gooey chocolate chips, crunchy nuts, and the goodness of oatmeal. My favorite banana bread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.