- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional walnuts, semisweet chocolate chips or coarse sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in banana and sour cream. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional walnuts.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forBanana Nut Bread
"the recipe was so easy to make, used pecans instead, don't like walnuts, added 1/2 c of dried cranberries and 1 1/4 c mashed bananas, will definitely make this a again"
"I found this recipe to have very little flavor...but I did change it some to suit our needs: I did not use real butter because of a dairy allergy, used about 1 1/3 cups mashed banana, 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and did not add any nuts. I might try it again using the entire amount of all-purpose and not substituting any whole wheat flour, but unfortunately, I will have to remain with the dairy-free margarine and no nuts."
"The bread turned out perfect. My whole family enjoyed eating this with some butter. My five year old daughter loved smooshing the bananas. I did add some pumpkin spice along with the cinnamon. I will make this again."
"YUM! Great with whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"