Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg, bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into biscuit mix just until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 4, 2014
These were excellent. Everyone loved them.
Jun 2, 2014
This was definitely quick and easy. We love nuts, so I added 1/2 c. chopped walnuts to the muffin batter. YUM
Mar 30, 2013
Quick & easy. Great way to use up bananas that are going ripe. I sprinkled some chopped walnuts over the top of a few of the muffins.
Jan 22, 2012
These muffins are made with staple ingredients, were easy to make, and tasted great.
Aug 14, 2011
I went looking for a quick way to use up some bananas as well as a quick snack for my son. He loved it and so did I.
Nov 3, 2010
I was disappointed after reading the positive reviews - the reason I made them. I used ripe bananas as other suggested. Very bland...
Sep 5, 2010
AWESOME!!!! I make these on a regular basis as my family loves fresh muffins for breakfast and this recipe is super quick and easy! I added a little peanut butter and some chocolate chips to change it up, turned out GREAT!
Aug 9, 2010
I love the simplicity of this recipe, its quick bake time, and low calorie count compared to other banana breads. I used three medium, very ripe (pretty much black) bananas, and the batter was wonderfully moist. They raised beautifully and I found the taste just sweet enough.
Mar 11, 2010
These muffins had great banana flavor! I used 2 ripe bananas but had to add about 2 Tbsp more milk as my batter was dry. I too would sweeten the recipe a bit, but that is personal preference.
Dec 14, 2009
Incredibly quick and easy to make fresh and eat warm on even weekday mornings! My husband and four young children loved it!