Banana Muffins with Streussel Topping
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in bananas and nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 12, 2015
Great tasting muffins. Will make again. Easy
Sep 12, 2014
Very good and easy! Loved the streussel topping. I added chocolate chips to mine. Nice and moist.
Feb 21, 2014
These are wonderful. I did add a 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal, just because I always put oatmeal in muffins. They are great.
May 25, 2011
very good, the strudel topping makes this recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.