Banana Macaroon Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 to 4 small firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Stir in coconut.
- Spread in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely; crumble. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping.
- Just before serving, toss bananas with pineapple juice. In a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl, layer a third of the macaroon crumbs, whipped topping and bananas. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 300 calories, 12g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 6, 2012
I made this to take to a church dinner and everyone enjoyed this trifle. They was none left.
Jul 19, 2010
This was a good recipe but I modified it slightly. I made a package of banana pudding and added it to the layers. I think next time I will use two packages. Was very good, it tasted like a mixture of a banana and coconut cream pie.
Jul 15, 2010
This is a delicious dessert that is perfect for birthdays, anniverseries, even something as simple as a girls night out.I give this a total thumbs up!
Apr 13, 2010
I have made this recipe over and over - in fact, I often "get in trouble" if I don't bring it to family dinners! It is easy and delicious and I very seldom have leftovers. However, I don't recommend using store bought macaroons. This homemade mix is great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.