Banana Macaroon Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 to 4 small firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Stir in coconut.
- Spread in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely; crumble. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping.
- Just before serving, toss bananas with pineapple juice. In a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl, layer a third of the macaroon crumbs, whipped topping and bananas. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 300 calories, 12g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2012
I made this to take to a church dinner and everyone enjoyed this trifle. They was none left.
Jul 19, 2010
This was a good recipe but I modified it slightly. I made a package of banana pudding and added it to the layers. I think next time I will use two packages. Was very good, it tasted like a mixture of a banana and coconut cream pie.
Jul 15, 2010
This is a delicious dessert that is perfect for birthdays, anniverseries, even something as simple as a girls night out.I give this a total thumbs up!
Apr 13, 2010
I have made this recipe over and over - in fact, I often "get in trouble" if I don't bring it to family dinners! It is easy and delicious and I very seldom have leftovers. However, I don't recommend using store bought macaroons. This homemade mix is great!