Banana Hot Cakes Recipe
- HONEY PECAN BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until smooth. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, bananas, oil and lemon juice; stir unto dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with honey pecan butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3 each: 447 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Banana Hot Cakes
"The honey pecan butter is sooo good!"
"These are seriously good!"
"These hotcakes are very yummy! My whole family loves them (which says alot when I have 2 picky eaters, a 4 yrs old and a 2 yr old). The honey butter definately enhances the flavor-make sure you use it!"