Banana Hazelnut Waffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes12 waffles (1-1/2 cups syrup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 cups maple pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut Belgian cafe coffee drink mix
- Sliced ripe bananas and hazelnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, flax, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, banana, orange juice, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in hazelnuts.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup and coffee drink mix; heat through. Serve with waffles. Garnish with bananas and hazelnuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 493 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2014
Yall no what a good varyiaton of this is? Them canned peaches? Plop them on the waeffels, and then get some cadenced milk, pore that all there, and it wondeross! n you don't even need to bake them home-maked waffles; jess get some egg-ohs!