Banana Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a mixing bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, omitting 1/4 cup of the water. Beat on low speed until moistened. Add banana; beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. In a saucepan, heat butter and water until butter is melted; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add butter mixture, banana and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining sugar until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost the cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Fudge Cake
"The cake was delicious but the frosting has problems. Tastes great but too much liquid. Next time I'll omit the water & will use softened butter. I had to add at least 2 more cups of sugar & doubled the cocoa. Too sweet & still too soft."
"I don't give this cake any stars, I am a scratch baker, don't know what came over me to try this, it taste's nothing like homemade, their is a difference, the frosting is Waaaaaay to sweet, and I put way more confection. sugar than suggested, I am going to put this cake down the disposal, I will stick with what I know to be delish. I have had many delicious recipe's from this site, this is not one of them. AND, it looks nothing like the picture. If anyone wants to try it, you go ahead, I want to read your review."
"It tastes so good and the banana makes it moist and I was impressed and so will my family. Thanks for sharing, Jan. Dot Shaw in Tilton, N.H. where today is cloudy and cool."
"The combination of chocolate and banana was a big hit with my co-workers. It was really moist. This will be added to my favorites."
"I omitted the oil, as georgeff did, thinking I would shave off some of the fat per serving. My results were not as good, unfortunately. Next time I will follow the original recipe as tested, because they always turn out right that way. The flavor of the cake is delicious, but the texture is very spongy and strange."
"This is so-o-o good!!"
"This cake was a hit...even though I goofed! I did follow the directions on the cake box and I omitted 1/4 cup of water. But I forgot to add the oil. Guess what? It didn't even need it. Also, I tested the cake when it cooled down and realized it didn't even need the frosting! This cake is rich, moist, and delicious. I usually test new recipes on my friends at our weekly card games, and this cake was quickly gobbled up."