Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 49 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Oct 17, 2017
Magnificent the recipe, you won't believe how long I've been looking for this explanation. I have taken note of it and this week I will be working on it. I'll tell you, I was following in your footsteps.https://lajoyadelcafe.com/
Feb 27, 2013
very good and made bread instead, worked out well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.