Banana Date-Nut Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and egg until well blended. Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into banana mixture until blended. Stir in the dates, walnuts and lemon zest.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 2-14 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 49 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 17, 2017
Magnificent the recipe, you won't believe how long I've been looking for this explanation. I have taken note of it and this week I will be working on it.
Feb 27, 2013
very good and made bread instead, worked out well.