- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups banana nut cereal, slightly crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, mash three of the bananas; stir in egg substitute, oil and yogurt. Coarsely chop the remaining banana; fold into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cereal on each. Top with remaining batter until the cups are three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until the muffins test done. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Crunch Muffins
"beautiful muffins, light on taste, flat flavor, everyone said "blah""