This truffle recipe was created from ripe bananas and my imagination, and the outcome blew my family and friends away! I don’t particularly like bananas, but I could eat these truffles all day long. —Michele, Lassuy, Orlando, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 No-Bake Oreo Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Dried banana chips, coarsely crushed
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and extract until blended. Beat in banana. Stir in cookie crumbs. Freeze, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 2 hours.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip cookie balls in candy coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Top immediately with banana chips.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Cream Chocolate Truffles in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018