Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 29, 2011
GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN FREEZE THEM
Apr 27, 2011
Can you freeze them?
Mar 19, 2011
I thought this was very good everyone gobbled them up at my brunch Honestly I would leave out the "cream center" they really didn't need it. But it was a nice "surprise" for everyone.
Mar 16, 2011
Although delicious, I found this muffin to be very rich.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.